Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dimes

I've started dime jars for my kids.  I got the idea from Janus's blog a while ago.  Anyway, I put 30 dimes in a jar for Sarah & 20 for Mason.  If they don't obey I take a dime out & they won't get it back.  At the end of the week whatever money is left is theirs to keep.  I started this last week & it has helped a bit with obedience.  Anyway, today as I was helping Mason put his money into his piggy bank I was telling him that he can save up to buy something he really wants.  
I said, "what's something you want to buy with your money?"
He said, "an ATV."
Hmm, that's going to take a lot of piggy banks!
He loved the ATV's this summer while we were camping & whenever he sees one he gets very excited.  What a kid.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

An ATV! That is great! We miss Mason.

Nancy said...

Ahh..little minds do think big. But they really did have fun on those things and he's not going to forget that.

Hendry Happenings said...

Where do these kids come from? Macall wants a laptop for Christmas. Dream on!