Friday, September 26, 2008

THE house????

Our poor kids.  Every time we go somewhere we take "the long way home".  We drive through neighborhoods looking at houses, hoping something we like will be for sale.  There are plenty of houses for sale, but most are greenish/brownish stucco jobs, which we really are not fond of.  Often when we find a house we like (from the outside anyway) we come home & look it up online.  We've got expensive tastes because many of these homes are a bit out of our price range.  We've also spent too much time looking online at the MLS trying to find the perfect house.  We have a realtor to call, but have yet to call her since we are renting a house until June 1.
Well, yesterday Mason & I went to lunch at an old BYU friend's house (at Mason's preschool open house we recognized a mom as someone who had lived above us in an old house when we were first married).  Anyway, she'd invited us over yesterday.  After lunch & a little playtime, it was time to come home, but not straight home, I took the long way.  I found a neighborhood in American Fork that I'd not driven through yet.  There were several houses for sale.  Mason hopped out to pull flyers (the kids love doing that).  Then we headed home, where I began looking at the homes from the flyers online.
One really jumped out at me, I just loved it.  When Todd got home I told him I'd found our house.  He loved the pictures too, so we called & set up an appointment.  It's a for sale by owner, brand new house, never lived in, price way reduced.  We took the whole family & spent 45 minutes going around & around.  For the most part it's everything we want, the family room is a little small & so is the lot, but everything else is perfect.
I took my mom & sister through it today & they really liked it too.  We've been working with a banker this week to get approved, so if everything works out we might make an offer next week. Yikes, a little early, but I don't think we are going to find a better house!  I'll keep the happening posted.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

So exciting!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how it ends.

Becky said...

I'd like to see this house. Is there somewhere online I can look at pictures of it?

Ellen said...

great news! I hope it all works out!

Janus said...

Hope it all works out for you. Keep us all posted.

Janus

Hendry Happenings said...

I can't believe that one of my med. school friends is finally settling down. There is hope for all of us.