Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moving continued....

Friday morning Todd & I were beat.  Sarah was up at 6:15 ready to sit on the couch & watch TV.  Emma was up too & grumpy.
I unloaded a few more things from the car, got everyone ready, then we decided to head out.  Our neighborhood was having the annual garage sale (these are a really big thing around here).  We did not want to buy anything, but did want to visit our friends. 
I got the kids into the car then was trying to put Emma's strolled in the back.  There was a big mirror in there that Todd had not known what to do with.  I planned to take it to our house & put it in front with all our other garbage.  Well, it broke as I put the stroller in.  As I pulled it out I sliced the palm of my hand.  It bled terribly.  I had all the kids buckled in & did not know what to do.  Luckily I had diaper wipes in the car & was able to hold those on until I got bandaids on.  It was crazy.  I did not look at the cut too carefully, but figured it was probably going to be okay.  We headed up to Sam's house for a while since they were also having a garage sale & it would be nice to talk to Jenni for a few minutes.  We stayed for a few minutes, but Sarah did not want to get out of the car.
We decided to come back to the hotel since Sarah was not feeling well.  She had a fever, so no school for her.  I took the bandaid off my hand & realized I still had glass in there.  I pulled it out but then got a bit queasy.  Yes, I'm a nurse, but digging something out of my own hand kind of did me in.  I called Todd & told him he'd better come home because I needed stitches & did not want to drag 3 kids along with me.
So, I spent 3 hours in the emergency room for 3 little stitches. (It actually was kind of nice to sit there with nothing to do & no little bodies demanding something & no boxes to pack)  Todd would have done it himself if he'd had the stuff.  He will take them out for me next week because we'll be heading off the Utah.
Sarah still has a fever this morning.  Her ears & throat look fine (she's had strep 3-4 times this winter, I can't remember).  We'll just load her up with motrin so she can still dance in her recital this afternoon.  She's going crazy because I won't let her swim.  Our hotel has a cool mini waterpark.   She was so jealous when Mason got to get in last night without her.
That's it for now & hopefully it for the mishaps.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Crazy day!!! I'm glad Todd was able to come home and help.