Sunday, May 25, 2008

Farewell to the swingset

Mason playing in the sandbox last night
Sarah, Mary Jane, Blake, & Sam playing on the swingset last night.
Where the swingset used to be! The sandbox is empty & waiting to be taken away too.
The swingset in Phoebe's yard (the little girl next door). Now when I stand in my backyard I feel like I'm one house down, it's weird!

It's finally hitting my kids that we really are moving. All week & especially yesterday I told the kids they had better play on the swingset because it was going away. Well, they followed me around all day yesterday & would only play outside yesterday if I was out there. I pushed Mason on a swing forever.

This morning our next door neighbor came over & started taking the swingset apart. We watched as he & several friends hauled it up & over the fence. Then Mason started begging to swing. Yes, the swingset in always more appealing in someone else's yard!

The sand box is on it's way out also. Our backyard seems much bigger all of a sudden!

1 comment:

Jared and Lisa said...

You had a wonderfully green lawn there! I'm a bit jealous, our yard has taken this past year to fight back the overgrown weeds. We've got a cute, yet unwanted gopher. Very patchy ugly grass. But i'm greatful for our home, that's something. Do you have a place up here yet?