Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Move complete, kind of!

We have arrived. Good thing! I don't plan to do the cross country move ever again!
I need to post some swimming pictures from the hotel, but not tonight. I just was reading my friend's blogs & decided to finally post about our final stage of moving.
Sarah was sick from Friday the 30th until Monday the 2nd with a high fever. We thought it was strept, but the test on Monday came back negative. We were grateful to send her back to school on Tuesday, so was she!
Monday our kids spent the evening being babysat by Rosemary while Todd & I went to the anesthesia dinner for the senior class at the Foundation House. It was fun to be there & see various people I've met over our years here.
Tuesday Jenni & I attempted a cool park day. The kids had fun & we got to visit a bit. I thne took Sarah to her bus stop at the end of our street. It was weird to look at our house & know someone else was living there! That afternoon Sam & Emily came to swim in the fun pool (I'll post the pictures some other time). It was great!
Wednesday evening we went to Sam & Emily's to take them a little gift. I of course was very sad to say bye to Jenni. I really don't like doing that!!!!!
Thursday morning Mary Jane, Allyson, & Rosemary came to swim. We had a fun time! Then we got the kids off to the last day of kindergarten, I can hardly believe it. Sarah got off at Mary Jane's stop for a final playdate (okay, I'm starting to be all sad again just writing about this). We picked her up later & with lots of tears all around said bye. Good thing Mary Jane will be in Utah soon to come visit, wish the whole family was!
Well, we went to dinner, or tried to after saying our good-byes. Mason threw up (gross) all over the floor before our food came, so we got it to go & headed back to the hotel. He was sick again later that night. Great.
Friday morning we were ready to head out. We did not let Mason eat anything, poor kid. We had both cars over loaded (really overloaded). We took the civic up to Jenni's for Todd to come back to tomorrow. We said good-bye again & I cried as we drove away from Rochester. Who knows when we'll ever be back! Sarah said good-bye to everything as we drove down 52 to 63 & onto 90. I really don't like moving!!!! It's so hard.
Our drive was pretty uneventful, other than Mason getting sick two more times that day, poor kid! Luckily we were prepared for it!
We drove through the Badlands of South Dakota & even made it to Mount Rushmore at 8pm. It was 50 degrees & windy & drizzly, so we saw the monument for a few minutes & that was it.
Saturday Mason was better & nobody else was sick, good thing! Our drive was uneventful but VERY LONG! We left Rapid City, SD, at 8am & arrived at my sister's house in Lehi at 8pm to get the key to our house.
Lori & Becky & been receiving our belongings all day on Saturday. Thank you!!!!!! They had unpacked most of the kitchen, made all our beds, & even bought us breakfast for Sunday.
When we got to the house Mason said "this is not our house, this is the little boy's house". He had been with us when we looked at it & the 5 year old who lived here had given Mason an otter pop. We are just renting for a year while a BYU professor & his family are teaching in Indiana. Mason was very confused, even when he saw all our things in the house.
I'll write more later, I've got to get to bed!

8 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds all to familiar, just 10 years ago when we came here. I hate good-byes and moving too. That's pretty much why I avoid saying good-bye. I'm glad I will get to keep up with you via this blog. Good luck getting settled.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you made it and all your belongings too. Moving is such a emotional time...I'll be thinking of you. Hope all feels like home soon.

Jenni said...

We have missed you so much already. Sam keeps asking to play with Mason and we have to remind him that he is done.

We have had such fun times these last 3 years! I'm so glad you have a blog so we can stay in touch. Can't wait to see you sometime this summer!

Ellen said...

glad you made it safely:) I hope that things settle quickly and you feel like you are "home!"

Jared and Lisa said...

Sorry Mason was ill, that is never fun. But happy to hear that you made it safely. We prayed for you!

Jen said...

I'm glad you got there safe and sound Julie! I know moving is such a bitter sweet mess of emotions. Your family will be missed.

Becky said...

Well Julie, after being there to receive all your stuff, I must say that the kids definitely rule in your house. I've never seen so many toys . . . or sippy cups.
It's good to have you back - I've been missing my big sister for a long time!

fletcher5 said...

look at this and seewWhat a trip! It is so fun to look at this and see what your family is up to. It looks like the cousins are a big hit. How fun to see Mary Jane! Have a great summer, and know that we miss you guys here in Minnesota.