Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mason's bigwheel

Mason in the summer of 2006
Mason today after a ride past Mary Jane's house

Here is Mason's beloved big wheel. We got this in 2006 at the Aldrich (preschool) raffle. I actually had won dinner at the Olive Garden. My friend Janus had won the big wheel but really did not want it for her five year old, so we switched prizes. Those $5 in raffle tickets were some of the best 5 bucks I've ever spent!

Mason's first summer on this was spent pushing with his feet since he could not reach the pedals. He wore out several pairs of shoes doing this. Last fall after we got back from Florida he finally mastered the pedals. He'd cruise around the cul-de-sac, then cross the street from the neighbor's driveway to ours.

I wish the big wheel had an odometer, I'd love to see how many miles it's done! One of Mason's favorite things to do these days is to ride the big wheel while I push Emma in the stroller (the cul-de-sac's not big enough anymore). He loves to go past Mary Jane's house. One day we did this while we had a home showing. It was the middle of March & in the 40's, which felt really warm at that time. I bundled everyone up & we headed out. Unfortunatly, the showing lasted forever & we were out for over an hour! Poor Emma's nose was very red.

The big wheel will not be making the move with us. The "big wheel" has got a few holes from Mason "slamming on the brakes". Oh well, on to bigger & better things, maybe a bike with training wheels or something.
One more thing about Mason. He's been a little sick this week. About the only thing he's wanted to eat is popscicles. Last night we'd gotten a bunch of different kinds. He tried one & threw it away after a few licks telling me "it is too spicy".

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I love those pictures! He has really grown up. I'm sure he'll mourn the lost of the big wheel (at least until he gets a bike!).

Too spicy! I love it!

Janus said...

yeah, I remember that. I'm glad that Mason has gotten alot of use out of that big wheel. Grant and I totally enjoyed The Olive Garden. too bad the big won't be making the move but on to bigger and grander things..right?

Love ya-
Janus

Jared and Lisa said...

Now that brings back memories. From our time and Jack had a mini big wheel (kind of funny) he's out grown it, yet still trys to ride it around. I want to get him a trike. Glad to hear the house sold, lessens the stress of the move. Hope you make it safely!