Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day turned out just fine this year. Sometimes I get myself a bit worked up expecting a perfect day without dealing with dinner or kids or anything. This year I decided to just enjoy being a mom & doing my usual things & it went much better. Also, Todd & the kids did do some nice things & it was a good day.
The nice day started on Friday. Rosemary picked Mason & Sarah up for the primary activity (Friday night activity, awesome for those of us not involved, free date night). Mason felt like he had really arrived in life since he was going in Mary Jane's pearly white van, just as Sarah does nearly every other day. They both came home higher than kites so excited about the little mother's day gifts they had made.
This morning Sarah mad a big to do about putting all the cards & gifts from primary & school on my bed. It was fun to have her so excited. She also helped Todd with a fun ecard. That's the kind of thing that makes days like today great.
The day did a end a little off. I decided to try a new chocolate cake recipe. It was in a bundt pan, so after I popped it out I set it on the table near the open sliding door. It was chilly out today, so that was a great place to cool the cake quickly, so I thought. Mason was attracted to it & next thing I knew he was licking the cake. Gross! So, now the cake has toothpicks sticking out around his licked area so we know where to serve him from! The cake itself was just so-so. Oh well!
Now we are on to another fun week of packing & getting ready for our move. We are excited but a bit overwhelmed!

4 comments:

Janus said...

ok, Julie, I'm so glad you are blogging. It is soooo....addicting. Anywhoo--check out mine..it is www.threewheelers.blogspot.com

I'll be sorry to see y'all go, but will be extra happy to always check up on your blog to see how the Call's are doing.

Janus

Jenni said...

What are kids thinking when they lick things (at least it was the cake!)

Jenni said...

By-the-way I'm SOOOO GLAD you are blogging!!!!

Now we just need Rosemary to join the club!

Jen said...

I'm glad you had a nice day. I will miss you Julie. Emma still gets the cutest baby award from me. Send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog if you are interested. I loved reading yours and will love to keep in touch when you leave. I'm so glad you started a blog, yeah!! jgladwell24@gmail.com