Thursday, May 21, 2009

Online again

We finally have the internet in our new house.  We've been waiting for comcast to arrive in our new neighborhood (they'd told us in April that it would be available May 20).  Well, that was yesterday & they are not here yet & customer service (or lack of) keeps telling me "it could be a few more days or a few more weeks, I just don't know".  So, we've got with another company & are online again.  Whew.  I'm not an internet surfer, but I do like to have it handy to just look something up (last week we wanted to see a movie & I could not just look up the times like I usually do).
So, now tonight Todd & I our both on our own computers doing our own thing.
As for the phone, we are hoping to keep our same number, but it might take a few weeks yet.
As for tv, nothing yet, which is ok.  Todd found some old rabbit ears & we connected them so we could watch the American Idol finale last night.  It's been good not to have tv lately since our kids were in a bad habit of wanting to watch way too much.

Good thing the digital transition is not happening for a few more weeks & these babies still work!

3 comments:

Megan Parr said...

You've gotta love it. Digital masterpiece paired with old school technology. Lovely. :)

Jamie said...

Julie..I am your mom's visiting teacher. Can you tell me when they are getting home? Thanks!

Julie said...

Jamie, they get home tonight sometime.