Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mason rides!

It did not take all afternoon to teach Mason to ride (see previous post).  We went out, I held onto him for a few rides, then he took off!  Pretty good for a four year old.  He's working on starting, he has trouble getting going.  He's also afraid of turning.  I think getting the balancing part figured out is a great start.  He's only taken one big spill.  He got over it fairly quickly as he saw Sarah & the neighbor girls coming down the hill from the bus stop.  He was excited to show off for Shay, she's 6 (barely the same size as Mason) & still has training wheels.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Good for him!!! I've been thinking of taking Samantha's training wheels off, but she doesn't seem to care about it right now, so I think I'll wait until she asks for it. I like the video though!

Nancy said...

Way to go, Mason! I think they're getting younger and younger learning how to do this.

Jenni said...

I gotta show this to Sam. Way to go Mason!

The Hall Clan said...

woo hoo!!! cam just learned to ride without training wheels a couple of weeks ago. it's so fun to watch--but i still get nervous.