Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How embarrassing!

Our new house is great inside.  The outside is not exactly what we wanted but we'll make it work.  Today proved this to me.  We had the fence posts installed today (poor guys, out there in rain/snow all day).  Anyway, when they were done & I was going over a final checklist with the installer, Mason & Emma came out the back door.  I hurried up the patio to grab Emma before she came out by herself & fell down the pit (see here for pictures, there are lots more weeds in the boulders now).  Then I planned to hold her as I finished the paperwork.  
Well, getting down the rocky patio proved to be more than I could do, I tripped over a boulder & fell all the way down, landing on top of Emma (luckily I held on to her & did not throw her or something).  She screamed but was okay.  I scraped my knees but did not put any holes in the knees of my pants (that would have been bad since they are maternity jobbers that I don't plan to replace any time soon).  So I have a bruised ego & bruised knees.  The installer was very nice & I was really embarrassed.  
I can't wait to do something about that patio & pit!  I really don't want to move in until it's done either, it's too dangerous, not just for the kids, but for me too.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yep, that backyard is a job and a half. I'm sorry you had an embarrassing trip. At least you and Emma are in one piece. If it had been me holding Emma, she would've gotten teeth knocked out like I did to Megan.

Jen said...

Oh how embarrassing. I hate when I do things like that. We all do them though. I'm glad you are okay. I do something like that weekly, whether it is something stupid that I say or something like falling.

Jenni said...

I am glad you are okay! So embarassing though! Hopefully you won't have to see that installer again.