Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Sarah took swimming lessons this summer. She's never been afraid of the water, but she's never been really daring in it either. The lessons went well, for the most part. On day 6 of 8 she decided she was done, she did not want to go because she did not like jumping into the 5 feet deep. I forced her to go & when we got there her class started in the 5 feet. Oh dear. She ended up loving the lesson (they used life jackets part of the time) & basically flew out of the pool & could not wait to go back. It was one of those "I told you so" moments for me, but I kept it to myself. I was just happy she did it & had fun! Mason can't wait for his turn.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yay for Sarah! It'll be good for her to be more confident in the water. I loooved swimming lessons, so Sarah must take after me in that regard. I think we'll just have to go swimming sometime.

Jenni said...

I'm glad she ended up liking it. Kids are so unpredictable.