Monday, August 18, 2008

10 years today!

Todd & I have been married 10 years today, wow!
Here's a not so brief synopsis of us.

We met in July 1997 at a young adult ward service project. We were both home from BYU for the summer.
We dated a little that summer, then a little at BYU. I asked Todd to preference in March of 1998 at BYU, then we got pretty serious. We were engaged June 15 (Todd had picked out my ring & surprised me, little did he know I'd already purchased my dress!). We got married 9 weeks later on August 18 in the Bountiful Temple. We went on a quick honemoon to Snowbird, then came back for our reception on August 21.

We moved into a studio basement apartment (we moved upstairs to a one bedroom a month later) at BYU. I had one year left in the nursing program, Todd had two in biochemistry.

I graduated in April 1999. I was working at a nursing home, then switched to UVRMC on the telemetry floor.

Todd graduated in April 2000. We moved to Arlington, Virigina in August of 2000, right before our second wedding anniversry.

I got a job at the George Washington University Hospital in downtown Washington, DC & Todd started medical school there. We sure weren't in Provo anymore!

We bought a condo in Oakton, Virginia in May of 2001. It was a bus ride plus a 25 minute metro ride to downtown compared to our previous walk then 10 minute ride, but the area was much nicer.

Sarah was born October 8, 2001, during Todd's second year of medical school.

I worked nights at the hospital until Sarah was 9 months old. Then Todd started his third year of med school, which meant he would be at the hospital all the time & would not be able to be home with Sarah at night. I was not too sad to quit, I was ready to be a full time mom. I was a little bored at first & painted our entire condo.

We had some crazy times in Virginia. We only had one car, so I had months when I'd drive Todd to the hospital at 4:30 am because the metro was not running yet. Or, some months Todd would drive the the metro, catch the 5:30 am train, then I'd walk the mile or so to the parking garage & pick up the car so I'd have it & so we would not have to pay for parking (payment started around 2 or something). Then we had months where Todd would need to be at a hopsital in Maryland & I would just be carless. Good thing there was a park around the corner!

Todd graduted from GW in May of 2004. We sold our condo & moved to Centerville, Utah for thd year while Todd did his internship at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. It was a BUSY year, I did not see too much of Todd.

Mason was born December 9, 2004, during internship, not a great time to have a baby! Good thing we had family around!

We bought a house in Rochester, Minnesota & moved in June of 2005. Todd started and anesthesia residency at the Mayo Clinic.

Emma was born November 13, 2007, during Todd's final year of residency. When she was two weeks old Todd was offered his job at UVRMC. So, the moving process began....

We sold our house in the spring & moved to Highland, Utah in June of this year. We will be in this house until June (or sooner) when we buy a house & hopefully stay put for a while!

We've had some great adventures & look forward to many more!

Saturday we went out to celebrate. Todd bought me an anniversary band & we went to dinner. Becca, my neice babysat. She's the one in the picture smelling my bouquet. She was 2 when we got married.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, congrats! Kami and Chad have their 10 year in March. I didn't know you lived in Oakton. Did you know John and Catherine Faust? They are good friends of ours.

Stacey said...

Congratulations on your 10 years! It sounds like a very busy decade for you. I'm sure you're looking forward to what the next 10 years will bring. :)

Ellen said...

congratulations!

Jen said...

happy Anniversary!

tFool said...

I love to hear stories of trials and love. Too often we gloss over the trials and I think that demeans the real bonding that comes from it. Congratulations!