Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of first grade

Sarah started first grade today at Highland Elementary. She was nervous until last Friday when she got to meet her teacher at the open house & walk through her new school. Then she decided first grade might be ok.
Today she was so excited, she was up at 6:30, even though she did not need to catch her bus until 8:50. Last night Sarah laid out her new school things to pick out her outfit. Yes, I know, the floor is terrible!
Sarh ready to go. She decided 5 minutes before she left that needed to take her lunch so we hurried to pack her one. I think she was nervous to try school lunch, she'd tried the "I'll eat school lunch but take a snack too" trick, but since I would not let her take a snack, she decided to play it safe.
Sarah with her friend Kylee. Kylee is in second grade but her classroom is right next to Sarah's, so she had fun showing Sarah how to get to it after the busride.

Sarah on the bus & on her way! Yeah!

6 comments:

Rosemary and Rick said...

Yeah Sarah! She is adorable! We miss you guys so much. Mary Jane is a little nervous without Sarah. She writes her a letter almost every day. One of these days I will mail a batch of them.

Jen said...

How cute to lay her clothes all out! What a cutie. I always get the nerves and butterflies for my kids when they start school because I remember how I used to feel.

Becky said...

Do my eyes deceive me? I see several pairs of pants and only one skirt with no tights in Sarah's lineup. Surely that's a first.
I hope she's liking school!

Ann said...

I'm sure my girls will do that. . . actually they already know what they are going to wear and it is over a week away. Oh, and Kaden has his picked out too, fashion is becoming more important to him now that he is in 8th grade. Happy anniversary too!

Hillary said...

School Time already? Sarah is so cute with her clothes, and will do stellar in 1st grade! Happy 10th as well! Love the pics!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast Sarah is growing! I remember the first day of school was always exciting for me.