Monday, August 25, 2008

First day, again

Sarah went back to school today, but to a new class.  Last week a note was sent home informing us that the first grade classes were too big & a new teacher had been hired & anyone wanting to move their child to the new class could, then the vacant spots would be assigned.  I really liked Sarah's teacher & did not want to give her anymore changes (a new school was enough, I thought).  I did tell her about the note, just so if something happened she would not be totally surprised.
Anyway, Friday she came home & told me the principal had pulled her out of class to tell her she would be in the new class.  She said she wanted to cry, but pretended she was happy.  Another girl from her original class & two boys were also moved.  She said that her desk was moved into the new room & she got to meet her teacher.
Today she was a bit nervous to go back to school.  I did not blame her!  I talked to a mom at the bus stop who helps a lot in the school.  I told her about Sarah's new teacher.  She said I was lucky, she'd heard great things about the teacher & the class was going to be small.
Sarah came home very excited.  Her class only has 18 students (super small for around here!), which was not her favorite part (fewer friends she says) but her teacher was really nice & she was so excited about birthday week spotlights (that was what she'd been most sad to leave behind in her old class, sounds like this teacher will do it up just fine).  So, maybe this move will be for the best.  We'll see how tomorrow goes!
Today Sarah started a ballet class.  It had six girls in it, three with the name Sarah.
She also started piano lessons from a high school senior in our ward.  She was pretty nervous to go, but happy when she came home.  Now she has to start practicing, hmmmm.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like it is all working out. 18 students in a class is awesome. Sarah is very brave for not crying - I'm sure I would have at her age (and maybe even now).

Have fun at ballet! I'm still trying to find a piano teacher.

Nancy said...

Oh, cute little Sarah and the newness of starting school. She's going to do great! Love her lots.....