Sunday, July 27, 2008

Random Stuff

This is my post of random things...
Emma started crawling on Friday, the 25th of July. Life as we have known it in our house is now over. Sarah was playing with Polly Pockets all over the floor today. I repeatedly told her to play on a table, not the floor. Well, we found Emma with Polly's shoes in her hands & mouth. She's also found the rubber door stopper things (I think those must have kid magnets in them or something, a room can be full of toys & that's what is played with).
I had my neice Megan stay with us for a few nights while her parents were out of town. It was fun to have a teenager in the house. I went to the store with just one child, instead of three, during naptime, whoa. My kids had fun waking her up at 8:30 (cruel I know!). We also got to drop her off at work at Hogie Yogi & order a Yogi from her. Fun fun.
My last random thing, I think. I got a calling in church today. I am the Relief Society Pianist. Yeah! The presidency was all worried that I would not be happy with that or something, but I was thrilled! I don't think I've been consistently in Relief Society since we left Provo eight years ago. Emma's going to be a bit challening sometimes, but there are not many babies in the ward & I don't think it should be too hard to pawn her off for a few minutes each week.
Oh, one more church moment. Mason had to give the opening prayer in primary. Sarah decided to be a great big sister & helped him. She felt very important. I figured that would be better than having me help him because if I set foot in the primary room he won't let me leave again. I just listened from the hall. He did great.
Todd's been called as a substitute Sunday School teacher. He's always in the Sunday school, but he was happy with it since he probably won't be needed every week & won't have to find subs when he's on call.
Now I really am done with my random ramblings.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You'll be a perfect pianist! I'm glad you get to be in RS. We haven't got callings yet but I'm scared!

Jen said...

I wish I played the piano. What a fun relaxed calling. I always am amazed at the many talented pianists in the church. You are one of them!

Hallie's went to nursery for the first time on Sunday! It was so great! However, she fell asleep half way through third hour and they had to bring her to me, but she just slept. Hang in there with Emma; but I feel your pain.

Becky said...

I wish you were in my ward. I'm often scrambling to find a pianist on Sundays and it's a challenge.