Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Social Sarah

Yesterday we they had a primary activity. We got off to a bad start. Sarah was upset because she could not find the right shirt to go with her shorts. She's a fashion queen (in her own way) & this set her off. So, the kids rode bikes to the park while I pushed Emma. I got them somewhat settled, then some girls drove up in a toy jeep. Mason wants one of these so badly, so then he was on one, begging for a jeep & whining. Well, the activity started but my kids were both whining & grumpy & refused to participate. We sat there for a while & finally I gave up & we left. I was all sad & mad because my kids need some friends & this would have been a good way to get to know the other kids a bit better. I told my kids they could not whine to me all day about nobody to play with since they did not stay.
Anyway, around 3 that afternoon Sarah decided maybe she could try to have someone over. There are some twin sisters in her primary class that she thought she'd invite. We did & they ended up having a great time. She's so much more social than me. I had just let the party problem get me down & make me feel sorry that we don't know many people yet. Sarah did for a while, then decided to do something about it! I hope she can always be that way!

2 comments:

Rosemary and Rick said...

Yeah for Sarah! I hate when my kids act out exactly what I am feeling and then handle even better than I do! You guys are going to have more friends than you know how to handle soon! Miss you in humid Florida!

Jenni said...

We are feeling the same way about making friends. Sarah will make so many friends as will you and Mason!