Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bountiful Parade

We went to the Bountiful Handcart Days parade on July 23. This has been our family tradition forever. This year it was really fun because my dad was in the parade, as Noah on his ark. The kids had fun yelling & waving to grandpa.
This parade is also fun for me because 11 years ago, after this parade, was my first date with Todd. We went to watch the fireworks that happen after the parade. Todd picked me up from the parade where I was sitting with my family. My sisters got to check him out & my parents got to meet/drill him. Too bad he did not make it to the parade this year, he was working. I think he's only made it to this parade with me once or twice. I'd sometimes come to visit from Virginia & Minnesota over the 23rd & come the the parade, so my kids have been more than Todd has. Mom, Becky, Emma, Sarah, Allie & Becca watching the parade.
Mason, Isaac, Jonah, Ava, & Liam watching. Good thing we were in the shade, it was toasty!
Dad as Noah, roasting in his robes & beard.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

How fun! I love the memory about Todd.