Thursday, July 3, 2008

First day survived

Todd survived his first day on the job. He did not get home until 7. He was tired, but happy. He'd done 5 cases with very little downtime. Welcome to private practice!
Things went well. He had one scary moment trying to intubate someone who was a bit tricky, looked around, realized again he was it & that he did not have access to an instrument like at Mayo he'd use in this situation, and was able to get the tube in & move on. Whew. Now he's back again for more fun!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad his first day went well and is over. That has to be a bit nerve wracking starting in a new place with new people and knowing you're it; no more assistance; but I know Todd is the best in his profession and I would trust him if it was me on that table.

Jen said...

Yay, fun stuff Julie! I too would trust Todd. What a hard worker and what a great guy he is. I hope all continues to go well for you guys!