Monday, June 29, 2009

One brave dad

Todd had a few days off last week. He's been wanting to hike Timpanogos Cave for quite a while. On Thursday he braved it with Sarah & Mason. The kids wanted me to go, I told them I would not make it out of the visitor's center!
To get to the cave they all hiked UP for 1 1/2 hours (starting at 8am). Sarah did not enjoy this very much & let Todd know.
The kids both enjoyed the cave.
Mason did not enjoy coming down from the cave & also let it be known.
They were all tired when they got home. Maybe we'll brave it again next year, without Emma & the new baby. I've only been up there once & it was quite a while ago.


Note Sarah's short hair. I've been begging to take her somewhere to get it cut, not just trimmed. She would not. She told me she wanted me to cut her hair (not something I'm good at!). Finally, with a glint in my eye, I gave in. I took a good 1 1/2 -2 inches off. It looks much better!!! She was NOT HAPPY with me. I told her that's what she gets for making me do it! I think she likes it better now, she just won't admit it.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think Sarah's hair looks cute, and you did a much better job than I would have (not that Sarah would ever ask me to cut her hair). And kudos to Todd for taking the kids to Timp Cave. I've been wanting to go there myself, but not with little kidlets.

Janus said...

I think short(er) hair is a must, especially in the summer. We got 3 inches cut off Alexis' hair and she LOVES it.

Cute pix's. Glad they all braved the hike. It's been years since I've been on that hike. Who know's, when we're in Utah in August, we may have to do that hike.

Good luck with the tail end of your pregnancy.

Janus