Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lagoon Day


Last Wednesday we braved Lagoon with my family.  We go on my parents' Stake Lagoon day, so it's a tiny bit cheaper.  I was a bit nervous about going to Lagoon this year since I've got such a gross, veiny, sore leg that by the end of the day is pretty miserable, especially in the heat.
I lucked out (much to everyone else's dismay).  It was barely 60 degrees for the high (nice) & rained in the evening (a major downpour), so we did not stay past 7:00.  I would have been happy with the cool weather without the rain, but then I probably would have stayed too long & been in real trouble.  As we got to our car, the rain let up, but we were too cold & wet to go back in.
Mason wanted to go on the white roller coaster.  He's 45 inches tall & needed to be 46.  Becky still tried to take him on, but the worker would not let him.  He got to ride the Merry-g0-round instead, except he got stuck on one of the horses that did not go up & down.  It was not a good start to our time at Lagoon.
Sarah did go on the white roller coaster & did not like it.  Puff is still more her speed.  Mason thought this was awesome.

Emma rode Bulgy.  It was really funny!  Her pigtail is her security, she plays with it when she's tired or scared, or sometimes just reaches up to make sure it's still there.  I think she was a bit nervous here before the ride started.  Sarah looks thrilled in the background, she'd wanted to be in Emma's whale with her.
Mason LOVED the bumper cars.  Here he's riding with Becca.  Becky took him on again while we waited in the downpour.  He was supposed to be 46 inches for these too, but the worker did not care, whew.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's cute. I'm glad Emma enjoyed Bulgy, though I'm sorry Mason did not enjoy the Merry-Go-Round - that's my fault: I was a bad aunt and put him on the stationary horse, not realizing its feet were bolted to the floor until it was too late. When the ride got going and he realized his horse didn't move, I told him it must be broken (yes, I lie to children). Near the end of the ride I heard him mumbling "this is stupid." I agree. Why do they put stationary animals on the Merry-Go-Round? Definitely stupid.