Tuesday, June 9, 2009

getting on the friend grid

Our new neighborhood/ward has lots of kids in it.  Quite a few match up in age with my kids, which is great.  I'm just getting a little frustrated because we are not on the "friend grid" quite yet.  My kids have played with a few around, but only after I've called & invited them here.  I'm really wanting my kids to get invited somewhere else for a change (it does not help much that we are waiting to get our home phone working properly & not many people have my cell phone number, maybe that's wishful thinking that we are getting invited!).  Not that I mind having kids around usually, but right now I'm just worn out!  I also can't get my kids to just go out & ride bikes or scooters around to see who might be out that they might possibly know to just play with.
This might be a long summer.

1 comment:

The Hall Clan said...

Oh, I feel your pain on this one...although we DON"T have a lot of friends close by here. Luckily a little boy Cam's age is living with his gma and gpa while mommy and daddy are divorcing (ok, not so lucky), but he's ALWAYS outside and he and Cam include spencer. But I worry, when he moves and we haven't made our way onto the friend grid around here.
Always something to worry about!!