Monday, January 12, 2009

Sarah's first day of first grade, for the third time

Sarah started over, again today.  During the Christmas break we received a letter from her teacher that she had been granted a scholarship for a masters degree program at BYU & would no longer be teaching Sarah's class.  I really liked her teacher & was not happy about this, especially since Sarah had been put into this class after school had already started.
Anyway, last week Sarah had a substitute all week.  On Friday I got to meet her new teacher.  She is young & cute & seemed very excited about the class.  I was just grateful they had found a teacher & not just put the students all back with their original teachers from the beginning of the year.  Sarah had a good teacher, but it would have been hard to jump into a new class.
Today Sarah was very nervous to go to school.  She came home higher than a kite.  Her teacher had the room all decorated like a camp or something & calls it "Camp Davis" (her name is Mrs. Davis).  Sarah got to bring home one of the class pets, a stuffed bear, for a sleepover.  Anyway, I think this new teacher is going to be just fine.  She has some great ideas & seemed to get the kids excited today.
So now, if we ever get our house (more to post about that sometime) I've been saying that we should move Sarah to her new school, just so she could have her fourth first grade teacher!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

yikes, Julie, I hope the house situation isn't as bad as it sounds like it might be...

Hendry Happenings said...

I am a little slow. When I was first reading the post, I thought that you meant Sarah had been accepted to a program at BYU. I know that you and Todd are very smart, but I was blown away!