Wednesday, January 14, 2009

oh what a night

This evening at dinner Emma did "the cough".  You know, the one that you expect something more than just a cough to come.  Well, she ate, then started fussing, then did "the cough" with results.  So gross.  Good thing I'm not feeling too gaggy myself or that would have been really bad.  
Todd had planned to take the big kids to a movie, so they headed out.  Emma was sick a few more times, poor kid.  I got her to bed at 7 & proceeded to lysol everything.  As I was spraying in the playroom downstairs the carbon monoxide/poisonous gas monitor started screeching.  I really dislike that thing.  Every time I spray lysol anywhere in the house it seems to go off.  I was afraid it would wake Emma so I tossed it into the garage.  It was quite for a while so I threw it on the back porch.  Once again, quite for a while, then it must have been lonely or something.
Mason came home from the movie all excited.  Sarah darted right into the bathroom.  I feared she was sick or something.  When I checked on her a few minutes later I saw the problem that she did not want me to know about.  
She had been chewing gum when they got to the theater.  They got seated with popcorn & she was not sure what to do with her gum.  Good girl, she did not want to drop it on the floor.  But, instead she tried somewhere else, behind her ear (I'd overheard her & Mary Jane talking about gum there during their sleepover).  Unfortunately she had her hair in a headband (as usual) but it was kind of all over the place (also as usual).  The gum ended up in all the hair next to her ear.  Lovely.  So, we did the peanut butter trick then washed her out in the kitchen sink.  She now thinks she has bald spots since I pulled a lot of hair out with the gum & is afraid of smelling like peanut butter tomorrow at school.
Motherhood is so glamorous! 

2 comments:

Hendry Happenings said...

Sarah's story made my day. Last night we were at something for Travis' work and I had the same problem. I ended up ditching my gum under my watch until I could find a more permanent spot. I feel her pain!

myndie said...

i'm so glad your christmas card found us and we can be in touch. your kids are beautiful! can't wait to read all about your cute family. we also entered the blogging phase. davidandmyndie.blogspot.com