Friday, January 30, 2009

Closed, finally!

We closed on our house yesterday.  Whew.  We chose the house that we'd loved way back in September.  After seeing all the other houses recently we would have regretted not going with our initial choice.  There are things I don't like about it (small family room & lot), but there are many more good things that I do like (huge kitchen, beautiful flooring, nice neighborhood, master on main. etc.).
We were excited, nervous, & a bit scared to see our new mortgage payment (yikes!).  Todd was a little sad to not buy a house in Alpine, he's ALWAYS wanted to live there.  My feelings right now on Alpine is that it's pricey, prestigious, & very inconvenient to anywhere else we need to be.  Also, the house we somewhat liked there was not quite right for us.  I am happy with American Fork which is much closer to everything (except the mountains, that's what Todd does not like).  
We won't move for a while.  We've got some appliances to buy & blinds to have installed & I just don't want to move in the dead of winter.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Yea! Congratulations! We will be facing the same kinds of decisions next year...I'm NOT looking forward to it.

Janus said...

Congratualations you guys!! I'm glad you got the house you wanted. Now all you need is to post pictures so all your friends in Minnesota can see it. Have a great day!

Lorie said...

Congratulations Julie. Post pictures soon please!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Kristi said...

What a long process!! So glad that it finally worked out for you though. I would love to see it when you are all moved in and settled and we're practically neighbors!! ;-) congrats!

The Hall Clan said...

What a relief for you guys. Good luck getting everything moved and feeling like "home"

Sarah said...

Great news - I'm glad it FINALLY worked out.

Donna said...

Congrats on the house, it is beautiful. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Jenni said...

Whew! I'm glad it is over for you. I'm glad you got the house you originally wanted. You sounded like it was the one for you.

We can't wait to see it (Emily cried today because she missed Sarah). Good luck with the move!

PS I'll have to update you soon about our house-hunting.