Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Day, finally!

Christmas day, finally!
I got up around 7 or so.  Nobody was stirring & Todd was not home yet, so I decided to get dressed.  I got out of the shower to Mason telling me his new pajamas were stinky.  Hmm.  He'd wet the bed (something he's maybe done three times).  So, I made him pose in front of the tree then he got a bath & some old pajamas (covered feet as he calls them).


We got "wiggle racers" as my kids call them.  Santa did not quite get them put together.
A clean, dry Mason &  an Emma woken up a little too early.  Todd was not home yet, but on his way.  I let the kids dig into their stockings but had to wait to open the rest.
The mess after everything had been opened.  Lots of fun things!

Emma thought these cars were great.
Family picture at Grandma & Grandpa Loveridge's house.  My mom always does each family picture in front of the tree.  This was our first one since Mason was a newborn.  
Emma with Grandpa Loveridge.  She liked him because he'd give her cookies.
Mason in his new cowboy hat.

After the fun at my parents' house, we headed to the Call's.  We gave Todd's mom this picture of the Salt Lake Temple.  Her several times great grandfather had carved these words on the temple.
Emma snuggled up to Grandpa Call.  She was worn out.
Emma's end to Christmas 2008.

We then got to drive home in a TERRIBLE snowstorm.  Normally it takes about 45 minutes from Bountiful to Highland.  I took 1 1/2 hours.  The road we take east to our house was closed due to high winds & blowing snow.  It was quite an adventure!  Luckily Todd had the day after Christmas off as well as the weekend.  It was great!

2 comments:

Hendry Happenings said...

What a fun Christmas. I would worry that if I tried to take a shower I would wake up and my kids would have started and finished Christmas without me. I am sure that Todd is loving his new toy the best!

Nancy said...

Was great to have you back home for Christmas. I worried about all you guys driving home that night. It was nasty!