Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gym

Mason's been taking a basketball class at the local rec center.  It's two times a week for an hour each time.  One of the kids in his class is also in his preschool class.  Todd & I knew his parents when we were newlyweds in Provo.  Anyway, she's very fit & keeps telling me I need to put Emma in the daycare & work out during Mason's class.  
I gave it a try today.  I'm feeling the effects.  It's been six months since I've done a "real gym" workout.  I've just not had a motivator.  Rosemary & I used to spend nearly every weekday morning for 5 months chatting as we walked to nowhere.  It was a great motivator to have a friend to talk with.  
It was nice today, especially the part of dropping Emma off at the daycare instead of trying to keep her entertained for an hour & not let her crawl all over the place in the way of the basketballs.  
On of my main drawbacks about it is I get home at 10:45 & need to shower & get ready for the day.  I like to be done with all the business before the kids get up.  I think we will get a membership though because it does feel good to get moving for a change & it's nice to have  a few minutes without the kids, even if it is while I'm going nowhere.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hmm, if I lived down there I might join you. Er, and if I didn't work on weekdays. But I could certainly use a lot of motivation and a gym membership, too. Mostly the motivation.

Jenni said...

I wish I could join you on that walk to nowhere. It is so hard to exercise alone. Maybe you'll make a gym buddy. Have fun and happy recovering!