Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday Todd.

No, that's not a typo for the title. Yesterday was Todd's birthday, but it was not that happy. Sarah's face sums it up.
Todd worked yesterday. Fine. Mason & I bought him a balloon & the kids made some cards. Mason is excited for each birthday because it means his is getting closer, just Emma's & mine are in the way, then it will be his.
At 5:30 Todd called to let me he was done in the OR but was stuck doing pain rounds. The guy who was supposed to do them pawned them off on Todd. I was not happy, neither was he. The kids & I were starving, so we ordered pizza (as had been the plan, we were just missing the birthday boy). So, we ate Todd's birthday dinner without him. He got home around 7:30.
Another kicker is that we had some BYU football tickets offered to us for today. We have not been to a game since 1999. Well, Todd has some big meeting up in Salt Lake today, so no game. So here I am, once again with the kids, no husband. Blah. At least we are going to Cheesecake Factory tonight with Todd's family to celebrate, that is assuming he makes it home.


The icing to top the day was at 10pm as Todd & I were getting ready for bed, Emma woke up. She was poopie. I took care of the problem, held her for a few minutes, then thought we would be fine. No way. It was 1am before I crawled into my bed to stay, then she was up by 6:45.
We really need a vacation & I really need a ladies night out.

7 comments:

Jared and Lisa said...

Jo has a GNO (girls night out) once a month the last friday of the month. Only it fell on Halloween, so October was moved, and it will fall on Thanksgiving, so we'll reschedule that... You should come! We try to play cards sometimes, but mostly talk.

Rosemary and Rick said...

I'm sorry. Hang in there. Does your ward do a book club or anything like they do here? I still am struggling to get babysitters while Rick is on call (Q3) this month for OB! I swear teenagers just don't want to babysit anymore! I would love someone to pay me $8/hr. to watch the girls!

Kristi said...

You are welcome to come to our girls night out anytime! I think we're doing one soon. We usually just do dinner and a movie. Good luck! Just know you are not alone and we all know how you feel. That picture is hilarious though.

Becky said...

I'm sorry for the rough day both you and Todd had. We certainly are due for a girls' night, though. And a girls' trip. I hope all of you enjoy dinner tonight.

Nancy said...

Maybe a girl's night out with sisters AND girl cousins would be fun. I do remember days similar to that when your dad worked 2 jobs. (Really, you girls were all perfect.....ahhh most of the time). There are rewards now in being a grandma.

Jenni said...

Julie, I miss the days when we could be with each other when our husbands would work long hours. Hang in there and if you want to plan a vacation, we would love to join you-Alaska?

Hendry Happenings said...

Amen sister! I so can feel your pain. Does it ever get better? I am going to go out on a limb and say NO!