Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our new set of wheels

With #4 on the way we decided it was time for a bigger car.   We were not planning to buy quite yet, but we found a new car we liked.  So, last night we traded in our Explorer for this Expedition EL (that's the longer version).  
We were all sad to say goodbye to our old car.  Sarah cried while we signed the papers, then again as we pulled the kids' seats out.  She just sat in the backseat & did not want to get out (I'll admit, it was weird to just leave it there, this is only the third car we've ever purchased & the first time to get rid of one).  Todd was a bit sad too.
I was a bit nervous to drive this thing today, especially the in & out of the garage part, but it's not that different from our Explorer, so so far so good.  Mason is enjoying being in the very back.  He also loves the moon roof.  
Sarah was okay with the new car after school today & was excited to have her friend Kylee hop in on the way to piano lessons.  I guess she's over the old car.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice car!!!! You should get a lot of good use out of it with your growing family. Enjoy!

Jenni said...

Congrats! I'm longing for the day I won't have to shut my van door, manually.

Jen said...

Geez, our family could live in there!! he-he. :)

Good for you guys. Good luck with the future little one.

Juls said...

Love it. I hate driving in the snow in my mini van. I didn't think I would ever get a SUV, but maybe next winter I just might!

tFool said...

I sympathize with Sarah. The car we bought when we got married has served us very well, but I still have a soft spot for the little station wagon that got me through the single father years.