Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mason's birthday, finally!

Happy 4th Birthday Mason! His big day finally arrived!
He had preschool this morning, then we went to the mall to get his picture taken. He was cooperative but kept giving funny smiles with his chin jetting out. We did get some good shots though.


After Mason's pictures we had some lunch then he rode on the merry go round.


Grandpa & Grandma C came on Sunday night to celebrate (we'll celebrate with the other side this coming Sunday). They gave him this great builder set. He was thrilled!


And once again, how Mason arrived.....
Mason was due December 17. Todd was an intern at LDS Hospital. He was on an internal medicine rotation & was NEVER home. December 8 Todd had a work party at Ruby River. I'd had a doctor's appointment that day & seemed to not be getting any closer to delivery. I was tired & ready to be done.
We went to dinner that night & had a nice time. Todd stopped at the hospital to finish some paperwork & Sarah & I headed home to Centerville. Todd was going to have his first day of the month off the next day & was ready for some serious sleep.
I woke up around 12:30 am on the 9th, not sure if I'd just eaten way too much or if I was in labor. I realized it was labor & decided I'd better wake Todd, it was around 2:30. We gathered up my bag & called my parents. My mom headed over to be with Sarah as we left. I was really hurting, so we passed her on the road.
We walked up to labor & delivery around 3:30 am & told them I was in labor. I was given the "yeah right" look. The nurse took us to a room to check me. I was at a 7 or 8. Then she believed me & asked if I was ready for my epidural, um yes!
I think I had my epidural by 4:30 or so. It was great! We settled in to wait, I was told to get some sleep, ha.
Around 5:00 am I started feeling something happening. So the doctor was paged (not mine, but I really did not care). I pushed a bit & Mason was born at 5:37 am. He weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces & was about 21 inches long. It was a great delivery, my easiest by far.
Todd had that day off with us, he slept. The next day he worked while I was in the hospital. That was fine, he popped in occasionally throughout the day. His coworkers were kind enough to cover for him over the weekend, so he could take Mason & me home on Saturday.
Mason was a good but very hungry little guy. He was content to sit & watch the action of our house.
Sarah did fine with Mason. It was really weird for me when my mom brought Sarah to the hospital to see Mason. She seemed so big & then it really hit me that I had two kids. Yikes!
So, that's that & now he's four. It's gone really fast.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yesterday was fun and Mason was funny to watch getting his picture taken. He's a special boy and we love him lots!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Cute! Happy Birthday to Mason! I like that video!

Megan Parr said...

Happy birthday Mason Buddy Boy!!