Saturday, December 20, 2008

De-ja-vu

Last year on the Friday before Christmas break Sarah was not feeling well.  She went to kindergarten anyway because she wanted to go to the class party.  When she got home she felt awful.  Poor kid.
Saturday morning I took her to the doctor.   Mason & 6 week old Emma came along since Todd was on call.  Sarah had strep throat.  We braved Target to pick up her prescription.
Now fast forward to this year.... Sarah called me after school on Monday from her friend's house, 4 doors away.  She told me she felt yucky & could not walk home.  It was snowing, so I was nice & picked her up.  She had a fever & kind of a sore throat.  She missed her Christmas dance class.
Tuesday it was snowing like crazy.  I dropped Mason off early at Lori's before preschool then took Emma with Sarah & me to the doctor.  Her strep test came back negative.
Well, all week long she's gone up & down with a fever, but started with a cough, so I figured it mush not be strep.  Mason & Emma have started with colds too.
Well, today Lori called & offered to stay home with Mason & Emma while I took Sarah in yet again, since of course, Todd is on call.
Today the test came back positive, so we braved Target to get the prescription.  What a nightmare.
So, next year when Sarah gets sick the week before Christmas, there will be no doubt in my mind what it is!!!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, now at least she can have something to help her get better. Too bad it took 2 doctor visits

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Now I'm convinced I had strep. Long story: I had a sore throat for a week, then went to the doctor. He said it wasn't strep. But I continued to have a horrible sore throat, and cough for another 3 weeks! So now that I hear your story, I'm even more convinced that I had an incorrect diagnosis. I didn't go back a second time, but I probably should have.
Hope Sarah feels better soon...and that it doesn't come again next year!.

Hendry Happenings said...

Isn't your husband a doctor? At times like this I think that they should be able to bring anything home that we need to fix these situations!