Sunday, July 8, 2012

End of the school year

The end of the school year was super busy!
Sarah had been in Shelley Sounds, the school's choir.  She went to school early two days a week for rehearsal.

The fourth grade always does a pioneer trek.  The day started out beautiful, but....

by the time they passed my house on their way to the hollow on the other side of that field it was blowing like crazy & starting to rain.  They ate lunch in pouring rain then hustled back to the school for the rest of their activities that are usually done in the hollow.  It was a bummer the trek was rained out but it certainly gave them a more authentic experience!

Emma's last day of preschool.  She (and I) can't wait for it start again!

Some of Emma's class with her teachers, Mrs. Stephanie & Miss Sydney

The elementary does a dance festival every year.  The fourth graders got to square dance. I took this picture from across the field & Sarah did not know I was even taking it.  Pretty impressive that she's looking right at the camera.

The first graders were bum my bears.  Mason is in the purple.


Mason got his face painted at field day.

 The last day of school.  First grade for Mason & fourth for Sarah.

The last day of school went from 8-9:30 am.  Was it worth getting them there & home again, I'm not sure!

Emma had to have my sister make her a pioneer skirt like Sarah.  She chose sparkly butterfly fabric so I called her the Fairy Godmother Pioneer.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the pictures! So cute of the kids and all the fun things they've been doing (including keeping mom busy). I did get a picture of the "Santa" on the train.

Lynda said...

I love the way that Mason's class was "bum my bears". Ha haha!!! I love your posts Julie.

Julie said...

Hmm, those bum my bears were really gummy bears, but I like my version better!