Saturday, March 26, 2011

Masonisms again

Mason comes up with funny things sometimes.
Yesterday he had a karate tournament. All of the participants got a blue ribbon with "Good job" written on it in gold. He is convinced that he got 1st place since his ribbon is blue with gold writing on it. I've tried to tell him otherwise but he'll hear none of it, telling me that someone got a red ribbon with silver writing on it. Fine. As long as he does not announce to his karate class that he got first place & embarrass himself.
Today we went to Bountiful to take Sarah to a birthday party. We went over to my parents's house while Sarah was gone. My sister also lives there & was home alone. When I told Mason that grandma & grandpa would not be there he was a bit surprised. He said "I did not know Becky was old enough to babysit herself". I had to remind him that she baby sat him for several days while I was out of town last fall. I think she'll be ok!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I don't think I am old enough to babysit myself, either.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, maybe we'd better check on Becky! And hey, at least Mason has a really great self-esteem.

Nancy said...

Oh, that's so funny!

Lynda said...

I think Mason SHOULD have received first place. I wouldn't have dared to do that! As for Becky being old enough to babysit herself...hmmm, I think Mason could be telling you something Julie. How do you know she babysat your kids and that it wasn't the other way around?!