Saturday, November 14, 2009

The big 2!

Emma turned 2 yesterday!
We let her open a few presents first thing in the morning. She'll have to wait until Sunday to open the rest during a family party.

Emma got a doll that cries & says mama. I bought this with Emma a few days ago. She loved it! I put the doll in the back of the car & all the way home the doll cried. I then put the doll in my closet. Everytime I turned on the light to my closet the doll would cry & about scare me to death. Finally, I put the doll in a gift bag & put it downstairs on top of a shelf. Everytime I went down & turned on a light the doll cried. Now that the doll is out of the box, we have found it's off switch. Good thing! Emma does enjoy taking care of her new dolly though.

Emma & Mitchell, my two babies plus one more.
Emma has been funny about her birthday. She keeps trying to sing Happy Birthday. All day yesterday I tried to get her to hold up two fingers but she would not.
Emma has been practicing to be two for a while now. She's got temper tantrums down really well, the fall-back-onto-the-floor-carefully-so-I-don't-hurt-myself-while-screaming-at-the-top-of-my-lungs. It's great.
She also likes to carry plastic purses around with all sorts of things in them. Usually the bag gets too full & she gets upset because it's too heavy or things are falling out. Whenever we load up to take Mason to preschool & I tell him to get his backpack she is sure to get her bag too.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute little Emma! Looking forward to celebrating tomorrow.

Becky said...

Sheesh, talk about having big brother spoil the surprise!

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! We have been prepping Jared for his all week. I love how much more aware of birthdays they are this time around! She is adorable with her little baby!

Jenni said...

I can't believe she is two! Where did the time go?