Wednesday, July 8, 2009

prepartum depression

Yesterday I just did not want to get out of bed. I told Todd I have prepartum depression, otherwise known as I-feel-like-I'm-never-going-to-partum-depression. I really don't enjoy the end of pregnancy (who does?).
I know I've got an induction date for next week, but I was really hoping not to make it. I've been doing everything I can think of to speed things along. The night of the 4th I thought would be it, I had random (but very painful) contractions until 2am, then woke up very disappointed at 5am. False alarms are really cruel.
Last night I sealed & polished my granite countertops. I figured that having my kitchen a mess (everything from the counters on the kitchen table) & having Todd working overnight would really be a reason to start labor. No luck.
Today I invited neighbor kids over to play in our backyard pools. I drug the pools out, filled them up, emptied them, put them away. Now I'm just tired (too bad, today would have been a great birthdate 7-8-9).
So, I guess I'll just hang in there & hope for a good tomorrow!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ugh, I'm very sorry baby is not cooperating and coming yet. Today would've been a good birth date. Tell him I have a present for him and he has to come out to get it.

Kristi said...

So sorry that baby is being so stubborn!! He is just so cozy he doesn't want to come out! Can't wait to see the little man. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy! Hang in there.