Thursday, July 9, 2009

Emma the stinker

Emma is turning out to be one of those toddlers that I've heard friends speak of, but never had.
She's seen Mason slide a stool to the counter, climb up & get a cup for a drink. She's decided she's big enough to do that too. She slides a stool across the kitchen, climbs up, opens the cupboard (that's the scary part to me) & then stands there & says "dink" until I come pull the desired (she's very picky) cup out for her.
She's figured out how to climb into then out of her highchair. Luckily it has not tipped over, yet.
At the park she's decided the little kid playground is too small. She likes the twisty slide on the big section that is REALLY HIGH (unusually high for a playground I think).
And today, was the kicker for my little stinker.
I'd put her down for a very needed nap. I got a few things done, then sat down to relax (what's that???). I was not sitting for more than a minute & Mason & Sarah started fighting up in the playroom, near Emma's room. I knew I was doomed. I heard Emma shortly after, but ignored her, hoping she'd still go to sleep. A while later Sarah needed something from her room (she shares with Emma). She snuck in & came out telling me it smelled horrible in there. I checked it out, whew. Emma had thrown everything out of her crib (a good thing for a change) & was standing there in just her shirt with potty running down her legs & a grossly full diaper next to her in her bed. Gross, gross, gross. I've never had a diaper remover & really did not have a desire to have one.
If this little stinker does not put me into labor, then I guess I'll just have to wait to be induced next week. I have tried to persuade Todd to bring home some pitocin, just to get me started....

4 comments:

Kristi said...

My kids (thankfully) never took off their smelly diapers either. They are picky with their cups though too.

Becky said...

Ewww. Again, so sorry. Rogue dirty diapers is not exactly what anyone wants to deal with.

Jared and Lisa said...

I wish I could say, that's all you not me... oh the stories I could tell! But so sorry you not only had to go through them, but to go through them at this time, even worse. I've been thinking of you, knew you were getting really close. Wishing you happy thoughts and no more messy stinkers

The Hall Clan said...

Sorry about the diaper thing!! Nasty, nasty. I've become a diaper snob lately, since Spencer has been potty trained I don't want to change ANY diapers. When I had kids in them,,,hey who cares, a diaper is a diaper. Now, it's no way man.