Friday, June 3, 2011

May in a nutshell

It has been WAY too long since I've blogged. May just seemed to fly by. These first few pictures are from April which shows how really out of it I've been!

Sarah got a butterfly tent for Christmas. We sent away for the caterpillars in March. The butterflies were ready to be release in April, but the weather did not want to cooperate. Finally we had a somewhat warm day & set them free.
Emma decided her build-a-bear needed to ride a wiggle racer too.
Mitchell has a knack for finding water. Water in dirt is even more attractive!
We bought a bubble jungle gym. As soon as I got it put together, Sarah covered it with blankets to make a fort.
We went swimming with our cousins. Mitchell was a little nervous at first then LOVED it. I had forgotten his cover-up, so I put Emma's on him to come home (these pictures are backwards). We all called him Mitchelle. He does not make a very cute girl!

Mason made this plate for me for Mother's Day. He was so excited the day he brought it home from school he wanted me to open it then. I waited.
We spent a nice afternoon at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country.


Mitchell eating cookies & cream ice cream. What a mess.
We got passes to Trafalga & Seven Peaks. Mason & Sarah tried the rock wall. We are awaiting nice weather to go to Seven Peaks.

Mason is in Monster Truck mode. This is his freestyle track for his trucks.
Sarah had a class opera. She was Little Red Running shorts.
Emma sat with the big kids to watch the opera after Sarah's. She felt pretty big.
Mason had a piano recital. He did great! He's only been taking lessons since February.
Todd & I went to the U2 Concert. We'd bought our tickets over a year ago. It was a fun night!

Todd's decided to take up biking. I got home from picking Sarah up from piano lessons & was startled by the strange man in my house.
Sarah won 2nd place in her class spelling bee. She got out on the word optimism. She'd known that word at home & was ticked to get out on it!
Todd & I saw Les Mis the night after the U2 Concert. We had fun both evenings!
Mitchell discovered a box of packing peanuts. What a mess!
The school had a dance festival. Here is Mason walking with some of his friends to the field. His song was It's a Small World. I could not think of how to dress him so he wore his Alaska shirt.

Emma watching the dance festival. She could not see much though since she positioned her chair behind the stroller.
Sarah's class did a hula dance.
Mitchell & Emma were ready for the dance festival to end. Good thing it was not too long!
Todd took Sarah, Mason & Emma to Capitol Reef with his family for Memorial Day. Neither one of us had it in us to take Mitchell on a campout right now, so I stayed home with him. It was a great weekend for all of us!!!
I went to lunch with some lovely ladies in my family while Mitchell stayed home with a babysitter. Mitchell & I put flowers on my grandparents' & brother's graves & had a nice dinner at my parents' house. On Memorial Day my family came for a backyard dinner that ended up being in my kitchen. Todd & company were a bit late since they spent 3 hours at a gas station during a major 100 mile long power outage waiting to be able to pump some diesel. Finally someone with a broken down truck being towed came & sold him some diesel from the tank. They were all happy to get home!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't know about you, but I never expected to be this busy being "just" a stay-at-home mom!! Looks like a great month for your cute family!

Nancy said...

Yes, your life at this time is as busy as it gets. What a great mom you are! (I think that picture of Mitchell made him look kind of cute as a little girl).