Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break 2011


Todd had spring break off this year so we decided to go camping. We went to Goblin Valley.
The kids loved it! The weather was in the 60's and we had no rain, nice.
After we got the trailer all situated we headed to the Valley of the Goblins or Goblin Hatch as Mason calls it. The kids thought it was great to run around & climb on all the "goblins".
Mitchell even took off & thought running in the open was the greatest thing ever.


This was a hill in our campground. The kids had fun exploring while Todd & I made dinner.
The next morning we hiked in Little Wild Horse Canyon. It's a slot canyon that got very narrow.
Emma was a great little hiker, then she got tired & grumpy. Here she is not wanting to go any farther.
It's a good thing we did go a bit further to the best part, where the canyon got really narrow.

Todd almost did not make it through with Mitchell in the backpack.
Todd took Mitchell out of the pack towards the end of the hike. He did not want to follow us & seemed content to sit in the middle of nowhere by himself (for a kid who refuses to be left in nursery at church we found it odd that he was fine being left alone out here!).

We drove to nearby Hanksville where Todd's mom had grown up. This is her parents' headstone.

Mitchell did great on our trip, but there were times I wished I could tie him to the picnic table! If he was outside he just ran around the trailer & truck, then through the dirt, then into the road, then by the fire, then to the next campsite over, then back to the trailer, around & around.
He likes to unscrew the caps on the tires.

Penned in finally. He spent a bit of time in his pack & play.
Our last day with the goblins. We had a fun trip other than I had a terrible cold as we left & Todd was feeling rotten the day we came home. I feared I'd have to drive the trailer home.

Our trip took Monday thru Wednesday of Spring Break.
Thursday I went to Bountiful & spent the day with my parents & sisters. We had a fun day.
Friday I took the kids to BYU to see the Carl Bloch exhibit. Todd was going to come with us, but was still feeling too rotten. I teased him about taking his sick time off 6 months in advance.
We hurried through the exhibit since that's how my kids are, then went to the BYU bookstore to buy shirts for the kids. We also stopped at the Cougareat for a mint brownie. It was fun to be on campus but I felt so old!
Saturday I spent at a funeral for my cousin, Brian Russel. It was a sad day, but fun to see all the family.
The cousins who were still around at the end for a picture.
My dad & his siblings.
Emma's new dress. We call it her Build-a-bear dress since it has the same coloring as her build-a-bear. She felt so beautiful in it!
So that sums up Spring Break. Now it's back to real life. Fun fun.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Like the pictures. Afraid I'd panic seeing the kids climbing high in those rocks.

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Looks like a fun little trip! So sorry to hear about your cousin too.

The Hall Clan said...

yup,,,sounds like mitchell is trying to kill you. just like abby is slowly killing me.