Friday, May 21, 2010

Spotchell


Mitchell broke out in a rash while we were in California.
We were not sure if it was from amoxicillin that he'd been on for 5 days or from sunscreen that we'd been slathering on him for 3 days. We assumed it was the sunscreen since he'd been on amoxicillin before without any problems. We stopped both & started Benadryl & he was fine.
Last Friday he had another ear infection. I talked with the doctor about his rash in California & she thought it was probably sunscreen too. She said the bad ones to amoxicillin usually come within the first 2 days of taking the medicine.
We made it through the weekend & Mitchell was fine. So I thought he was allergic to sunscreen.
I went into Mitchell's room this morning to find a puffy, red splotched face little boy smiling at me. Poor kid. His little body is covered with these spots.
After a visit today to the pediatrician we now know he's definitely allergic to amoxicillin. I'm still going to wait a while before slathering any sunscreen on him though.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Poor guy. That looks very unpleasant and I can sympathize as I'm allergic to the amoxicillin, too.

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Oh. Poor guy. :( I hope he gets better soon!

Jared and Lisa said...

Yikes, no fun. It reminds me of Jack's reaction to Enalapril. Hope he doesn't have additional allergies.

Nancy said...

Oh my..... cute little Mitchell looks like he's really allergic to the cillin's, just like you, Julie. You reacted the same way when you were a baby.

Kristi said...

Poor little dude! Glad you know what it's from though.