Thursday, December 17, 2009

My life in the car

I am wondering why we bought a house, considering we are rarely home. I spend most of my days in the car shuttling children to & from places (and I've only got 2 that need to be places). Poor Mitchell has spent most of his life stuck in his car seat.
Here's yesterday's activities.
9:00am Sarah is picked up for school
9:20 load Mitchell into his car seat & lug him to the car, wrestle Emma into her seat, & tell Mason to hurry up or he'll be late for preschool
9:32 get Mason to preschool
9:40 get to a store for one last gift, hopefully. Haul Mitchell & Emma in
10:04 toss Mitchell back into the car, wrestle Emma into her seat
10:15 get home
11:35 back in the car to pick up Mason. Mitchell has a bottle held by Mason on the way home from preschool
12:00 home
12:42 back in the car to go to a primary meeting
12:50 decide the church is too smelly to hold our meeting (fresh varnish on the doors) so back into the car to the primary president's house
2:00 into the car again from the meeting
2:02 home
3:25 into the car again to pick Sarah up from school (oh how I miss having a bus!)
3:43 home
4:30 into the car to go to dance lessons for Sarah
4:45-5:30 attempt to keep Mason, Emma, & Mitchell somewhat quite while watching Sarah's dance class/mini recital
5:32 into the car again
5:35 drive thru at KFC/pizza hut
5:50 home for the night, whew!
6:30 Sarah's piano teacher comes to our house (so awesome!!!! no driving for me)
Good thing I have a nice car!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That sounds quite a bit like my days as well!!! I feel like I live in my car....but only until about 12.30 and then we are home.

Anonymous said...

Up until this past September, my days were much like that!!! As soon as Megan got her license it lightened up a bit. It's so nice!! Just give yourself a couple more years. Having Mason in school is going to help so much! And don't forget that I can pick him up if you just can't get over her.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I meant "over HERE", not "over her." That sounds a bit weird!!

Nancy said...

A day in a mommy's life now is sure different than it used to be. Think I'm glad it's you and not me. Glad you have a good car.